Opcity helps real estate brokers, lenders and settlement service providers serve online customers. The number of home buyers/sellers who start their process online is growing much faster than the industry as a whole. Opcity makes the real estate experience better by instantly and seamlessly matching consumers to the best agent for them, and facilitates the buying and selling process by connecting and coordinating the vital services within the home buying/selling ecosystem. Through its proprietary matching algorithm and SMS live-transfer distribution platform, Opcity is able to instantly connect the best agent with the highest probability of conversion to the right consumer at the right time. Opcity’s matching model is based on sixteen (16) years of agent historical performance, predictive analytics, and a learning model of iterative improvement. Opcity’s network of providers, technology platform, and toolkit allow Opcity to be the primary concierge for the consumer during the home buying/selling experience.
The Generalist role requires significant customer service skills, as the Generalist is the main employee facing Customer Service Role in the People Operations organization. The Generalist must be able to influence at a manager and supervisor level, and the ability to address a variety of HR issues constructively by providing independent, objective, and confident advice and solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Counsel employees and managers on HR policies and procedures to ensure consistent and appropriate treatment of all employees on matters like but not limited to:
- Employee Relations
- Leave Policies
- Performance Coaching & Improvement Opportunity Process
- Performance Reviews
- Career Development
- Assist line management in implementing established human resources practices to meet requirements supporting short and long-term business needs
- Partner with line managers to identify human resources issues or problems and provides support in finding solutions
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, federal employment and EEO laws to ensure effective and timely employment actions and decisions
- Ensure timely and clear communication within the business unit on HR policies, practices and initiatives
- Serve as Benefits Subject Matter Expert providing training and consultation to employees
- Enter and process Payroll accurately and in a timely manner and manage payroll process throughout the organization
- Manage and maintain Time Clocking & Hours Tracking Systems including training and coaching employees and managers
- Facilitate employee on-boarding with other HR Team members and Culture staff
- Manage necessary data input, maintenance and reporting using applicable HR systems
- Encourage and build positive employee relations
- Support creation and implementation of employment related policies and practices and support Handbooks, publications and education/training regarding these matters
- Contribute to Internal and External Recruiting Process with emphasis on positions such as:
- Specialists, Engineers, Administrative and Technical roles
- Entry level staff and CSR sales roles
- Entry level manager/supervisory positions
- Responsible for the onboarding of new-hires that includes: Offer letters, email set-up, I9 compliance, benefits elections, direct deposit, W4, and policy acknowledgements
- Conduct Employee relations issues and investigations in a timely and professional manner.
- Work on special projects assigned by the Head of People Operations
What We Like To See / Measures of Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Human Resources, or related background strongly desired.
- PHR Certification highly valued
- At least 5 years experience in the Human Resources field as a high performing Generalist or additional 5 years in lieu of a degree or PHR Certification
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and exposure to HR functions.
- Excellent organization skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems
- Self-starter with high achievement orientation
- Superior communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of an organization well
- Public Speaking
- Written Communication
- Proven ability to build strong and lasting working relationships and partnerships and influence employees and managers
- Strong MSOffice experience
- Access or other similar database
- Outlook or other calendar/email system
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and capabilities
- Solid expertise in Employment, Payroll and Benefit Laws
- Good interviewing skills and techniques
- Ability to handle and succeed in fast-paced, stressful environments
- Weekends are also possible as we are operate seven days a week.
- Position requires prolonged standing or sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
*No relocation is provided for this vacancy, local candidates preferred. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.