Title: IT SPECIALIST
Reports To: HEAD OF ENGINEERING
Opcity helps real estate brokers, lenders and settlement service providers serve online customers. The number of home buyers/sellers who start their process online is growing much faster than the industry as a whole. Opcity makes the real estate experience better by instantly and seamlessly matching consumers to the best agent for them, and facilitates the buying and selling process by connecting and coordinating the vital services within the home buying/selling ecosystem. Through its proprietary matching algorithm and SMS live-transfer distribution platform, Opcity is able to instantly connect the best agent with the highest probability of conversion to the right consumer at the right time. Opcity’s matching model is based on sixteen (16) years of agent historical performance, predictive analytics, and a learning model of iterative improvement. Opcity’s network of providers, technology platform, and toolkit allow Opcity to be the primary concierge for the consumer during the home buying/selling experience.
The IT specialist position purchases, inventories, installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to networks, personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Determines network, server and storage needs for company systems and processes then procures, installs and maintains those systems.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Provides support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services and outside vendors supporting IT related requirements.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Administers e-mail, Slack and anti-virus systems.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We Like To See / Measures of Success:
- High school diploma.
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Associates Degree in IT or Computer Science preferred
- Experience with Active Directory roaming profiles, user administration, and Windows troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience with the Cisco Meraki product line a plus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Hours may vary as many shifts begin at 7am and end at 11pm. Weekends are also possible as we operate seven days a week.
- Position requires prolonged standing, stooping and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
- May require lifting, stacking, and moving equipment up to 50lbs.