Title: LEAD PRODUCT DESIGNER
Location: DOWNTOWN AUSTIN, TX
Opcity helps real estate brokers, lenders and settlement service providers serve online customers. The number of home buyers/sellers who start their process online is growing much faster than the industry as a whole. Opcity makes the real estate experience better by instantly and seamlessly matching consumers to the best agent for them, and facilitates the buying and selling process by connecting and coordinating the vital services within the home buying/selling ecosystem. Through its proprietary matching algorithm and SMS live-transfer distribution platform, Opcity is able to instantly connect the best agent with the highest probability of conversion to the right consumer at the right time. Opcity’s matching model is based on sixteen (16) years of agent historical performance, predictive analytics, and a learning model of iterative improvement. Opcity’s network of providers, technology platform, and toolkit allow Opcity to be the primary concierge for the consumer during the home buying/selling experience.
What Are We Looking For:
We are looking for the perfect combination of style meets functionality in a Lead Product Designer. We need someone who has designed and branded technology organizations, business applications and web/mobile/digital platforms and products. You will play a critical role in establishing our brand identity across both our product design and communications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Concept and design Opcity’s identity, brand standards, digital experiences, and print communications
- Design new products from rapid prototype to high-fidelity mock-ups for multiple platforms with keen awareness that you are designing business applications in a technology environment
- Produce content that communicates our story and brand to potential customers, and describes our product functionality and value proposition
- Ensure product design and communications contribute positively to brand identity
- A portfolio demonstrating deep experience designing consumer-oriented web and/or mobile applications while balancing the constraints of those mediums.
- A portfolio demonstrating brand impact and clear information hierarchy through balanced usage of modern design techniques including: minimalism, flat design, progressive typography / color palettes, bespoke illustrative assets, and high-end photography.
What We Like To See / Measures of Success:
- At least three (3) years leading a design shop or function with work history of achievement in branding, product design implementation and content production and management in a technology company.
- Strong design and user experience sensibilities across both print and digital media for business to business practical utilization.
- Experience using tools such as required: Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with motion design highly desirable: AfterEffects, Principle
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism.
What We Offer:
- Working with a highly-motivated team with a proven track record of success that also has a lot of fun
- Casual work environment, free healthy snacks, rewards and recognition and fun events
- Competitive pay plus equity/stock in a fast-growing startup
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance plus Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Free parking downtown or monthly commuting stipend/reward if you don’t need to park
- The latest Apple hardware
- Working downtown @Silicon Labs across from Lady Bird Lake
- Investment in growing your career and providing you opportunity to have an immediate and massive impact in a growing company with a revolutionary business model
No relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.